View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015, 03:37 AM
ElenaBelle
Master Fan

I loved Liz being sassy with Kai before he saved her He could have killed her immediately afterwards out of spite so it wasn't that smart but still funny.

Damon pissed me off when he made Caroline feel worse after he killed Colin But at least he figured out a way to save Liz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturellebella (View Post)
I think that Stefan was given too much blame for acting like a jerk when Damon died. He was grieving and people handle grief differently. Some want to be around their loves ones and some want to push them away and isolate themselves. I think Caroline should have respected that. I know as a friend she wanted to help but sometimes, people need to go through stuff on their own. Therefore, when Stefan was the one doing all the apologizing and Caroline was blaming Stefan for failing of their friendship (and for not returning her feelings), I found that to be very annoying. So in these scenes where Stefan's being all awesome and 'best friend of the year material', I still find it annoying that Caroline didn't share any of the blame for what happened to them. Sometimes I like their scenes, sometimes...eh.

BTW, I was just re-watching the episode and Liv and Luke's father said "One will absorb traits from the other. Both of your souls will unite into a new being." I wonder how that will effect Kai and how he behaves in the episodes to come. Luke was someone would risk his life to save his sister. Kai is one of the most selfish people on the show. There's gotta be some conflict there.
I don't think it was the way he was grieving that was an issue but that he didn't have the decency to send her at least one text message to let her know he was still alive. He ended their friendship without a word and that hurt. How would she know he wanted space if he didn't bother to communicate with her and was lying? Caroline is pushy and meddles when she shouldn't so what else would you expect from her? It can be annoying, ngl

Interesting point about the merge of souls. Just watch the writers use this to redeem Kai the supposedly irredeemable villain to keep him around. If I had to choose I'd take him over Enzo though tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dragon (View Post)
- I like Liz, but they should have had her die for real instead of wimping out and having that - again - so predictable coming back from the dead thing. They should have made a story out of Caroline having to deal with not being there to say goodbye to her Mom. Have some guts, show. Not everyone gets to have their little goodbye death speech before they go!

Sigh. This show.
That would have been the perfect way to make Caroline reach a breaking point. She's so good at controlling her grief and trauma that it would take a lot to really push her over the edge. But I'm glad Liz lived because I don't trust these writers to write a proper dark, guilt arc for Caroline and because it would have been so cruel I don't know how Caroline would be able to forgive herself.

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 01-30-2015 at 04:18 AM