View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 11:57 AM
Rapunzel
Addicted Fan

^Pretty!

Sigh, I miss her too. Not a huge fan of this mopey, crying after guys Caroline at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Anna (View Post)
Ah. I don't know if Klaus has to delude himself into thinking Caroline has/had feelings for him. It was pretty clear in a few scenes (most particular 5x11 despite it being fan-pandering) that she does feel something for him. I think the biggest clue as to her feelings was in the episode that Silas pretended to be Klaus and tricked her. She was clearly conflicted about him (while thinking it was Klaus she was with) and that she was "afraid of him", but I think it was more her feeling for him she was afraid of. She's the type of person that would question what was wrong with her if she had feelings for a man that hurt so many people she cares about. She doesn't want to admit that she could feel something more than hate for a "monster".

So maybe in that episode where she is dying on the couch and talks to Klaus about having to remind herself of all the horrible things he's done and that he might be worth saving was about trying to stay alive and telling him what he wanted to hear, but I think she did tell him some of the truth. She might not want to admit that there's a spark in him "worth saving" because of his history with her loved ones, but that she does have to remind herself all the time who she's dealing with because she tends to forget/feel more for him.

Klaus doesn't have to delude himself into thinking that Caroline does care for him, but I think he would be smokin' something if he thought she loved him. I mean she was hating herself after sleeping with him - that's not love. You can't feel love for someone that makes you hate yourself.

Girls, Klaus didn't just start fancying in s4. He had a thing for her since s3. And he did have some srs misconceptions where he stood with her till s4. I think the events in 4x09 are what really opened his eyes. Until then, he knew she distracted him for petty stuff, but I'm not sure he knew she'd really kill him dead if she ever got the chance. OR maybe he knew and just didn't care? He's certainly arrogant enough.

Anyway yeah, after 4x09, he took a step back and reeled in his feelz. But since he's just delusional in general, he thought "saving" her, giving her bf a "headstart" before kiling him made up for his transgressions against her? I mean you'd really have to be deluded to think someone would want to be friends with you even after you tried to kill them. Caroline might have harbored some conflicted feelings for Klaus, but he should've known when push came to shove, where her loyalties would lie.

I don't think 5x11 should be included because that was some srs fan pandering and we wouldn't have seen it if the ratings had been well. S4 finale wrapped up things quite nicely, 5x11 was a mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle (View Post)
TFTNT

Thanks for the reply I agree that Caroline hasn't changed much and thought of eternity etc and like you said she's held back because of the humans in her life. But I'm not that bothered about it because she's only 21 and you don't change that much in a short space of time. Caroline said that she went to college to meet boys and have fun so in that sense she's not living life as she would as a human. Unlike Elena who is planning a career path. Caroline's just living each day as it comes at the moment. When you do have eternity you probably feel less of an urgency to do things. She told Klaus she had plans but she was probably lying

But I think without Liz around Caroline might be forced to think of immortality. And I have a feeling her clinging onto MF in the beginning of the season is going to lead to her realizing that she has to leave at the end of the season. When she dropped out of college and moved to the MF border just to get MF back I thought it was a rash thing for Caroline to do which is why I have a feeling she might go off at the end of the season
You're probably right, but this is a T.V show, the vampire's are immortal, we're not. So unless they do a time jump or something, I don't know how else they're going to speed up that process.

I have to admit though, that everything that happened after s4 is kind of moot to me. And not because of Klaus, but I've stopped feeling Caroline. Honestly I tuned out everything after s4. I don't even care if Caroline suddenly becomes badass anymore because I don't feel any connection to her at all. Caroline's become Bonnie of the show, and idc about that. So now even if Caroline has some big realization, it's too late for me to give an eff.