View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 09:51 AM
hurricane eyes
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Serenity (View Post)
He definitely did. But I though Tri was talking about Klaus deluding himself about Caroline having deeper feelings for him.
Ah. I don't know if Klaus has to delude himself into thinking Caroline has/had feelings for him. It was pretty clear in a few scenes (most particular 5x11 despite it being fan-pandering) that she does feel something for him. I think the biggest clue as to her feelings was in the episode that Silas pretended to be Klaus and tricked her. She was clearly conflicted about him (while thinking it was Klaus she was with) and that she was "afraid of him", but I think it was more her feeling for him she was afraid of. She's the type of person that would question what was wrong with her if she had feelings for a man that hurt so many people she cares about. She doesn't want to admit that she could feel something more than hate for a "monster".

So maybe in that episode where she is dying on the couch and talks to Klaus about having to remind herself of all the horrible things he's done and that he might be worth saving was about trying to stay alive and telling him what he wanted to hear, but I think she did tell him some of the truth. She might not want to admit that there's a spark in him "worth saving" because of his history with her loved ones, but that she does have to remind herself all the time who she's dealing with because she tends to forget/feel more for him.

Klaus doesn't have to delude himself into thinking that Caroline does care for him, but I think he would be smokin' something if he thought she loved him. I mean she was hating herself after sleeping with him - that's not love. You can't feel love for someone that makes you hate yourself.

I just want everyone to be h a p p y. Even in the midst of all the crazy, unhappy bits.(x)