View Single Post
Old 01-07-2015, 09:03 AM
Moonlight_shine
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond Insane (View Post)
They can't kill Quentin they just can't, its true we already lost Sara and think it would kill Laurel if she lost her father

Also agree on both that keeping the secret from him was the right thing to do based on his health which is very on the fence due to what happened in the season finale and yes that he's taking the pills. I also fully agree that the secret is going to get out and that he's going to find out. Just afraid that he's going to find out on his own, and I see him being upset with Laurel about not telling him that his baby girl is dead
Enough parents have died on the show, they shouldn't include Quentin to that list too! He fights to minimize crime, the law is in his hands, he's so important. Him and Laurel can relate to trying to save the world every single day, even Sara could when she was still alive. The Lance family are always so strong and they have had some seriously awful things happen to them.

Although, we have to put ourselves in Laurels shoes. She's only just got her father back healthier after those six months passed. We saw how he ended up losing Sara the first time, and how upset he looked when she left on the boat to head to Nanda Parbat, but he respected her wishes because she is his daughter. In season two Quentin kept the secret of Sara being alive from Laurel, now the parallel is Laurel is keeping it from him that Sara is now dead. They both kept this secret hidden from eachother since they know how much damage control would be involved. I hope he doesn't get upset with Laurel for the exact reason that he kept the secret from her last year, and if he knew she witnessed Sara's death I honestly think he'd be able to understand. He'd keep strong knowing how traumatized his baby must have felt by such a horrible sight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabous (View Post)
I'll be pissed too. When Sara "died" the first time she was only 18/19 and Quentin thought that Oliver seduced her and pretty much kidnapped her onto the Queen's Gambit. This time he knew Sara was in a dangerous line of work. Maybe he'll take it better this time? It's just a very sad situation for the Lances to be in.
It was addressed in season 2 that Sara made her own choice to run onto the Gambit with Oliver, no matter how much of a selfish thing it was to do, Sara was still growing up at this point, she is at least 2-3 years younger than Laurel, so she wouldn't be as mature. She ended up getting mad against Laurel that night so hit the 'send' button on the text message she received from Oliver, and I don't want to believe that this is out of spite, but in a way it was, plus the fact that she told her mum she thinks she loves him. Dinah gave her the support she wanted. Sara made her own choice, Oliver didn't force her to run away with him for a couple of days.

Since the days of the Gambit Sara has grown much stronger and wasn't the person she used to be. She's not the selfish little girl anymore, she learnt how to become a woman while having every bit of humanity scraped away from her.

- Katie