View Single Post
Old 01-01-2015, 06:23 PM
The Crow
Elite Fan

I generally don't read books that are 'critically acclaimed' or would be considered 'literature.' Most of my reading is firmly in the fantasy/sci-fi genre, and recently it has tilted more heavily into the 'Urban Fantasy' genre. My current reads include Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson and Alpha and Omega series, Karen Chance's Cassie Palmer series, Jim Butcher's Dresden Files series, Kevin Hearne's Iron Druid Chronicles, and I have found the Castle tie-in books ostensibly written by Richard Castle to be surprisingly fun reads.

The books that I've liked that are more traditionally fantasy: the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind, pretty much anything by Terry Brooks, and of course the Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling even though I find some of her behavior and comments since the series has ended to be off-putting.

I'm currently reading The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski. It is a translation of the original Polish Witcher stories that the Witcher game series is based on.

Last edited by The Crow; 01-01-2015 at 06:41 PM