View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 09:05 PM
break the window
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl08 (View Post)
That's crazy! I sometimes wish I had never seen the show so I could get into it for the first time all over again haha. TV is due for another OTH, Evewood, FNL, type show....
yes ma'am we over overdue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle (View Post)
The opening with the Keith and Dan flashback as children with the Raven was so telling. First off, as a psychologist, a very telling finding sometimes is when children are cruel to animals.
I thought it was very telling of how (what's the word...) atrocious. He always hunted down the weak and made them feel weaker. He never changed.

Quote:
But where it gets so gray is Dan is immediately haunted by killing Keith... he starts seeing him as a child in his mind. If Dan was pure evil, he wouldn't have guilt but he does.
Dan has never been pure evil, not in my mind. Guilt ridden and bitter, yes, all his life. Dan never thought about the consequences in his actions. That's why he pushed everyone away and wondered why he could never make his marriage work. He could never make it work with Nathan. He never saw the downside of his actions sow how could he know that anything was really wrong?

Quote:
What Luke needs is his soulmate, Peyton. That's what he needs to heal.
Very powerful. Lucas needed to heal. His heart was broken in many places that no one, not even Karen, could fully understand. What made it worse was all he saw were people partying and having a great time who didn't ahve a personal connection to the shooting. Jimmy was Lucas' friend...he killed took his life and (supossedly) took Keith's as well. Keith was Lucas' only father figure, the real man that mattered in his life. He died. Peyton, his one true love and passion in life was almost taken away. He didn't know where to start in how to heal. And it wasn't about going to a party, hanging out with your friends. It was about doing what it takes to get better. Lucas was only smiling when he went to see Peyton. Without words she always make him at peace. Just being with Peyton makes him whole, plain and simple.

Quote:
Oh and also... notice that Peyton was the ONLY one to get Lucas to open up and even smile. Only Peyton. Not Brooke, certainly not Brooke or anyone else.
I did notice that He laughed when he was at his most miserable. Peyton does that for him and not to him.

Quote:
Next scene Lucas freaks out and all he wants to do is run away from Brooke. Hmm, he wasn't acting like that with Peyton in the library? Why the change? He wants no part of Brooke, he only feels comfort and security with PEYTON.
The thing is he felt so suffocated that he couldn't be there. Brooke never got that. All she wanted to do was forget about that day. How can Lucas forget about that day when Keith isn't there!?!?! It's not like Keith is gonna return from the hosptial because he was only shot in the library and not shot dead by his brother. Karen isn't going to smile tomorrow becuase the love of her life was shot in cold blood. No one is going to heal becuase of some damn party that some pathetic cheerleader threw so she could forget about a day of tragedy. Trady doesn't just get forgotten about, misery loves company. Whoever thought a party cures tragedy is a complete idiot. She's an idiot then and she will always be dillusional. I cannot stand how she perceived herself as this loving caring person and all she turned out to be was a bitter bitch who manipulated people into being her friends.

Quote:
AND then to find out Brooke avoided Peyton after the shooting, after her almost dying, while still battling the loss of her birth mother, because she was jealous over Lucas saving Peyton? Seriously????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Takes the cake doesn't it? She really showed her true stripes in Season 3 and Season 4 regarding her friend Peyton. She cared so much about Lucas loving her that she couldn't see another life. Nothing more to say really.

Quote:
There is only one part of it that doesn't make me as mad and that's when Brooke admitted to Peyton that Lucas loves her, too. At least she admits it.
I think Brooke's head has always know it, but it's hear heart that cannot accept it. We all know we all try to give our hearts what it wants even though are heads are screaming for the right direction.

Quote:
She can't control what Lucas feels.
OH MY GOODNESS! YOU FIGURED IT OUT!

No seriously, that's what their entire relationship is about. Her controlling Lucas' heart to feel for her the way she feels for him. And it's just not going to happen. It would never happen the way Brooke wanted it to. That's what the whole point of their breakup was. Brooke saw him as this bad guy and was he really a bad guy for breaking up with you so he coudl be with the girl he truly wanted to be with.

I think this really puts an end to Brooke trying to control everyone and just gives up, but you know, Brooke Davis doesn't give up wtihout a fight. And Brooke Davis fights dirty. So yes, it was hard to watch end of Season 3 and most of Season 4 becuase of that.

Quote:
How adorable is Larry for making Peyton those shelves and encouraging her to listen to Ellie's albums? What a guy.
I loved Larry and how supportive he was for Peyton getting to know Ellie even after Ellie had died. He really understood that Peyton was really in a good place with Ellie when she died and deserved to know her real mom.

Quote:
Betty, you're right about Karen. I felt nothing emotionally for her in this episode. I don't know if it's how the actress played the grieving fiance though I tend to believe it's not the actress... she's typically bang on. I guess it was the writing and what Mark wanted from Karen but I didn't like it. She comes across as almost a bully! She looks like she wants to attack Lucas almost, it's really weird, blaming him for the death of Keith, then getting ticked that Lucas decided to go to Jimmy's funeral. It's bad.
I applaud Moira's acting. Seriously, emmys all around for this episode.

Not even knowing that Keith was killed by Dan and she was still this emotional. And then finding Keith's adoption papers for Lucas. It was all so heartbreaking. She couldn't breathe or even leave her room. Her entire world was just pushed off a cliff.

Quote:
I do wonder if Mark deliberately wanted this reaction from us. What I mean is maybe he didn't want to show much sympathy in the direction of Karen because it took away from Lucas' pain and suffering? That's the only thing I can come up with. Otherwise, I felt nothing for Karen but wanting to yell in her face to grow up. People grieve in different ways but literally, she acted like she was bullying her own son.
We've never seen a lot of emotion from Karen, especially towards Keith. We know how Lucas felt about having Kieth in his life, but what about Karen having Keith in her life. What did he really mean to her. And we found out. It was all those years of just being friends with him thinking he would always be there and maybe someday it would happen. It never got to really happen. Karen has to deal with all that pain and regret for moments they didn't get together or times that it just wasn't right. All those days after the shooting of waking up to find Keith not there and knowing he would never be there, not for real. How could anyone come to terms with that, especially in such a short period.

Quote:
Lucas is so awesome going to Jimmy's funeral. I love Lucas. He ALWAYS does the right thing. He might screw up along the way and make endless mistakes... but he always, always learns and does the right thing in the end.
Lucas really spoke to a lot of people (character based and fan based) that even though Keith was shot and killed by who assumed to be Jimmy Edwards, he knew there was a bigger picture that had to be addressed. Jimmy Edwards was his friend and Jimmy Edwards didn't deserve to die. He didn't deserve to be treated like he did. And with everyone going around saying Jimmy was a murderer just isn't true. Lucas was in that hallway, even before Jimmy went into the speach about all the pain and how hard ti was. Lucas finally knew what was going on with Jimmy, but it was too late. If Lucas could, he would've grabbed the gun, but he had another life to save. I'm not saying that Peyton was a better human being than Jimmy, but Jimmy didn't want to be saved. Even if he didn't die that day, he wouldn't have made it much longer. He was dead on the inside and he wanted the outside to match the inside. Sad, but true.

Quote:
One little nitpick I have about this episode... Why isn't Nathan more upset over Keith's death? I get that Nathan doesn't feel the same way about his uncle that Lucas does but he's still family. Why isn't Nathan more upset over Keith's death? That was his uncle. An uncle he could have really gotten to know in the future.
Look what type of relationship Nathan and Keith had....hardly have any. It was addressed a little bit in 3x17. But until Nathan was seven years old, he had never met Keith Scott. He probably never really heard a mention of Keith Scott. I mean Dan never talked about Karen and Lucas until they came to Tree Hill. I can't imagine how much Dan wanted to block out Keith from their lives. And what kind of lies would Dan tell Deb and Nathan about Keith. He always belittled his brother when they were there. So who knows what Nathan was led to believe about Keith. Then as they got older, Nathan didn't really have any type of relationship with Keith. There wasn't anything between them that they had in common. Nathan was always persuing basketball preparing for basketball and what game they would play. Then he was with Haley. So there was never a time where Nathan and Keith were ever really close. So he could displace his feelings where as Lucas could not.
{EphramAmy}
patricia

Last edited by break the window; 12-31-2014 at 09:46 PM