View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 11:09 AM
DrMeggiePierce
New Fan

What counts for me is that Owen not only meaning McNeils thanked Maggie for bringing him/them peace, he was clearly not only talking about the family but himself.Maggie has the power to bring Owen peace which he needs to find himself again after Cristina left him.

I think they would be perfect, but also the actress pointed out she is not sure Maggie would start something with her boss (that is why it might have seemed the scenes with them in 1102 were more or less workwise but beneath it there are more layers, one can feel it from both), it only shows Maggie does not want to climb the career ladder or get some work benefits through jumping in the bed with her boss, she has some morale (not like Amelia who basically openly flirted with her boss just to get him in bed as she said she misses sex like crazy in 1102 and we all know what she wants to be "people" with Owen for).
Maggie seemed very very shy with Owen. The one scene with Bailey and Jackson where she sort of made fun of the board, you see Owen smiling at her. I´m just disappointed they shared no words in 1107, where both Maggie and Owen were together in 3 or 4 scenes, sharing no words. Weird! Again in 1108 both were just props to put MerDer´s conflict into the final face-off.

Maggie is definitely not a lesbian, the actress as per one TV interview said the show needed more men as there are a lot single ladies WHO LIKE MEN out there - counting Maggie in as well as a woman who likes men. And she also said we would learn more about Maggie´s relationship history in the episodes to come,I think either 1110 or 1111 and I believe her story will unfold with a patient case. I think it will be something sad, either unfulfilled love or unrecruited feeling she had for a man or due to her shyness she let a man she loved go or never even told him how she truly felt.

One thing is her show where the actress portrayed a lesbian on Emily Owens (as I have read somewhere or heard in an interview, can´t remember), but the other thing is this is a different show and a different character, no actor can be put in a box for once playing a gay or lesbian to play the same kind of role for the rest of their career. That is nonsense.

If writers are actually on the pursuit of creatively surprising the viewer, this is the right couple to do it with. Plus the always nice funny respectful dynamic between Owen and Richard, what a powerful storyline it would be to get Maggie in between both men.

Last edited by DrMeggiePierce; 12-19-2014 at 11:43 AM