View Single Post
Old 11-27-2014, 09:49 PM
JJH85
Fan Forum Hero

ET Canada Video - Joshua Jackson Talks Popularity Of 'The Affair' - etcanada.com

from his interview on ET Canada

Here is the Transcription from the interview for those who were not able to view the video.

Cheryl Hickey (intro): The TMN series The Affair has an incredible 96% “like” rate by the critics on Rotten Tomatoes, and every week they gain more and more viewers. In fact a second season has already been ordered and Star Joshua Jackson says this is more than a TV series, this is a warning for all relationships.

Josh: We are not in any way glorifying what seems like a pretty miserable process of having an affair.

Cheryl Hickey: Joshua plays Cole Lockhart, who runs his families ranch and his wife Alison is the one having the affair. After doing Network shows, there were two main reasons Joshua couldn’t say no to this role.

Josh: You know ten episodes is a whole other ball game than 22 episodes, so that was a major selling point, but more than anything it was just the script was so good (brief clip from E1.01)

ET Canada: Did you expect the kind of response and the automatic Season 2 renewal.

Josh: Well you never really expect the response. I had seen the first couple episodes, so I knew that they were good. (brief clip from E1.06)

ET Canada: Has it changed the way you view marriage and infidelity?

Josh: Infidelity, no, I would still be sleeping on the couch, so that hasn’t really changed. (brief clip from E1.06) The Affair has made me never want to have an affair (laughs). This just sounds like it sucks. (laughs)

ET Canada: It sucks, but you know what, I called my husband after watching the Pilot.

Josh: Really?

ET Canada : I love you babe, I love you (what she said to her husband on the phone)

Josh: (laughs) Yeah.

icon credit: crash landing

Last edited by JJH85; 11-30-2014 at 08:33 PM
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote