View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 07:55 PM
mlreeve1
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceonFire7 (View Post)
Thanks, Lemon. Awesome insights as always

Time Lapses

This is short and sweet...but it gets the point across. And makes me wish it was ten times longer and a complete story. But this is a nice insight into how Charlie and Bass may have started. I love the line "they have been intimate and the other’s taste is unforgettable now". It just sums up Charloe and how they are both hunters and both prey to the other. I feel like if they ever did get a taste of each other, they would never be able to stop.

The Glint Of Light On Broken People

The sex in this is very hot and maybe very much the way it might have been between Charlie and Bass if it had started that early. This is more how they were together before Willoughby; there's not a lot of love here, but the way they are with each other, it seems like that could happen sometime in the future. At the end, she does say she still plans to kill him, and he calls her bluff. Seems like it could really be the beginning of Charloe....and how much do I wish the show had gone this way....

Anyway, I was glad the Halloween story came up right at this time

Mostly Dead Man Walking

Well, it seems we picked several stories this week that happened on the way to Charloe But SciFi is one of the best and I enjoyed this a lot. I love how she assumed Bass would get out of dying. I thought it was fitting that Rachel wouldn't play along and decided not to help Bass. I kind of always figured Rachel only helped him to try to get on Charlie's good side (though I have little doubt that some of the out of touch writers on Revo might have tried to convince us in S3 that Rachel saved Bass because there were feeling between them...yeah, right...whatever).

Love the end of this when Bass wakes up to Charlie drooling on his shirt and the little bit of banter between them. This too could be a set up for future Charloe. And I love the looks that pass between them when he's being led away in the cage. Looks that Aaron interprets correctly. What a perfect description of Bass too...like a caged tiger.

Out In The Dark

Well, another story that is at the start of Charloe But it's a good one...the first chapter, while sudden, is actually rather hot. Just a very well written sex scene...complete with Charlie trying to pretend that it meant nothing...that she has to nip it in the bud.

Chapter two sees her already falling for him...and I love these sentiments: "What she wants more than anything is to be back on the road with Bass, not even with a destination in mind. She wants to run away from her mother, from any responsibilities she has to anyone else. She wants a chance to be herself with someone she hardly knows and who hardly knows her, but who sees right to her soul when he looks in her eyes." How perfect that all she wants to do is just run away with him, just be back on the road where they started to become something to each other. Interesting, cause that's pretty much where I wanted them too

Also, interesting that SciFi made it so Rachel wouldn't help Bass and freshair made it that she would for Charlie's sake.

Third chapter sees him waking up and trying to deny that there's something between them, and her bowling him right over to insist there is. I like insistent Charlie More Charloe sex is never a bad thing either. All I wish is that more had been done for this story. I would have enjoyed several more chapters of this Charlie and Bass. The writer was very good and I wish he/she would have done more with both this story and in general for Charloe.

OK, mlreeve1, your turn.
Time Lapses

It may be short, but it definitely grabbed your interest and left you wanting more..kind of like it did for Bass and Charlie
Out Into The Dark

The first chapter is kind of what I always wished would have happened on their journey back to Willoughby because we really have no idea how long they were on the road together the tension would have been delicious. I liked that the author made it so that Rachel realized how Charlie felt because she recognized the look on her face as her own when it came to Miles. You really can’t help who you are drawn to. Loved the missing scene so to speak when Rachel got Charlie to help her move Bass and get him cleaned up. I think one of my favorite parts of the last chapter was when Bass tried to say it wasn’t what he wanted “This isn’t what I want. I don’t want you like this.” He tries to stop there, but the words keep coming against his will. “I want you in a house with a picket fence. I want you with dresses and enough food and no need for guns and I don’t want you to die of some stupid, treatable disease. I want you—“ His words fail him, and he realizes what he is really saying. “I want you.”

The Glint of Light on Broken People

This was the perfect pick for Halloween…I’ve read this one before and I have to say still hot and steamy. It is such a thin line between love and hate and they are definitely walking that line. I love at the end when they are just lying there looking up talking “This didn’t mean anything. It was just- just something to do until I can kill you.”
“Yeah, right.” He laid back, gesturing to the moon, a silent, lonely witness. “And none of that blood is on you either. Nobody does denial like a Matheson.”
Charlie can’t even begin to let herself think It’s anything more.

Mostly Dead Man Walking

I didn’t have time to read this again, but I do remember loving it ….and like Lemon said I loved how Charlie, Aaron and Miles were his saviors not Rachel. It made more sense this way

Your turn WildIrish