View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 10:40 AM
heather8615
Ultimate Fan

I'm here!!!

This book was definitely a crazy unexpected journey! After the way Dragonfly in Amber ended I HAD TO start reading Voyager ASAP! What a cliffhanger that was!

The beginning was interesting and heart wrenching. Seeing Jamie struggle through life without Claire was like getting repeatedly punched in the gut. The situation with Lady Geneva was just so sad!!I loved getting to see a little more of Brianna and Roger during the first couple of parts of the novel. Brianna pushing her mom to leave was so sweet

I expected to be super emotional when Jamie and Claire were reunited for the first time, but very surprisingly I wasn't. I think I built it up too much in my own head, so when I finally got to the scene it wasn't what I had envisioned in my mind. The scene in the book was beautiful though!! I really hope that the show gets to this book because I know that Sam & Cait would slay this scene What really moved me where the scenes following the meeting in the print shop. Hearing the 2 of them profess their love for each other and talk about how neither one of them every forgot the other

After leaving Scotland, I felt like the story dragged a little. I found it harder to get into the story. The whole middle part of this book was a little snoozy for me, but spurts of excitement. I did have to pick my jaw up off the floor a couple of times during this book! Gellis is alive?!?! The Lord Grey revelation?!!? Jamie married Laoghaire MacKenzie!
The ending though was INSANE!! Gellis stealing that picture of Brianna and kidnapping Young Ian was so intense!! I was really afraid that Gellis was going to succeed and go forward in time to kidnap Brianna too! Thankfully Claire & Jamie were able to stop her (hopefully for good!)
Ending up in the States was an interesting twist. I'm glad this book had less of a cliffhanger. I've been enjoying my break from the series, it was much easier to take a break with this kind of ending.

Sorry if this is all over the place