View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 07:05 AM
Kelaine
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
That's possible but how and why would RUmple let someone go to the land w/o magic when that's all he watned to do to get to Bae
Yes, that is the biggest problem with the theory. But, I'm assuming it needed certain common factors to "confuse" the curse, ones that would have been hard/impossible for Rumple to use:

1. The same magic: This would be the key one. Elsa and Ice Queen have the same, rare magic. There can't be another Dark One while Rumple lives (outside of very complicated fanfic ). If this was part of how the curse was fooled, I don't see how Rumple could do it.

2. Blood connection: OK, this Rumple could do. At least when he met Cora, he wasn't adverse to the idea of having a child, so a blood connection isn't absolutely ruled out. Still, Cora hurt him badly. He might have been willing to pursue a relationship as part of getting to Bae, but . . . well, he didn't.

3. Hurting his child: This would have been the big point, if you ask me, the reason #2, if it was an option, didn't happen. It required Rumplestiltskin to imprison his child in the urn.

Of course, if he'd started twenty-some years before the curse and had the cooperation of an adult child who agreed, knowing that time in the urn wouldn't be perceived and that this was to rescue a lost sibling . . . OK, I could see that. I'm not sure Rumple would go for it, but I could see it.

I'd list #1, then, as the main objection from a technical angle.