View Single Post
Old 10-10-2014, 03:11 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I think Fox is good with X Men and to be honest, I have always preferred them to the Spiderman movies. The ASM reboot has just been okay, the SR Spiderman movies were way better and I never wanted them rebooted, they should of kept going with Spiderman 4. I heard TASM 3 will come out in 2018 and SS in 2016, I heard the Venom film was cancelled. I don't hate TASM 2 as much as others but the movie was a mess and a major downgrade from the first (which was good) TASM franchise is one I don't care about that much anymore along with the FF reboot their planning. So if Sony is in as much trouble as people are saying then maybe they will go back to Marvel (I hope so, I think Marvel will do better) and I really think the Fantastic 4 will too, I don't think it will do that well. As for Wolverine, even though HJ is a great Wolverine I too am sick of him always being the lead in the X Men movies and acting like he is the leader. Cause of that many characters don't get much airtime or writing. I still think Marvel won't get the rights back to Spiderman but it's possible cause they F'ed up with the franchise.
See, I actually prefer the ASM movies to the Sam Raimi films. I didn't particularly like Toby Maguire as Peter Parker because he played the character all wrong. Andrew Garfield managed to perfectly capture not only Peter's angst and humanity, but also his trademark snappy-banter as well, which was sorely missing from the Raimi films. Peter apparently didn't just gain superhuman strength, speed, reflexes, spider-sense, and the ability to cling to objects from that spider bite, he also seemed to acquire the timing of a late night talk show host as well. I liked how in the comics Peter could tear an opponent apart with his words as well as his fists. His sense of humor was sharp and witty, while Toby mostly played the character very straight.

I also didn't like how Raimi gave Peter organic web shooters instead of the mechanical ones he made in the comics. I think that it downplayed Peter's scientific skill and genius, and the fact that he relied on his brain as much as his powers. Any idiot can be Spider-Man if you give him all of those abilities from a single spider bite. I like the fact that Peter made his own equipment, like the web shooters and the spider tracers. Organic webbing also doesn't make sense if you consider where a spider shoots its webbing from. Peter would be shooting it from his groin, not his wrists.

Sam Raimi said that his reason for making Peter's webbing organic was because he couldn't believe that a high school teenager with little money could make an adhesive, stronger-than-steel polymer material similar to spider silk and carbon fiber that even DOW chemical company doesn't have. May I remind Mr. Raimi that Tony Stark built his arc reactor prototype and his Mark I Iron Man armor in a cave, out of a box of scraps? A true genius can overcome any obstacles.

Anyway, I do think that Marvel will get Spider-Man back eventually, simply because Sony cannot make a movie universe around a single character that can compete with Marvel. X-Men and Fantastic Four might be a bit more difficult, but I don't see Fox being all that invested in the FF. If the reboot fails they may decide to shut it down. I keep wishing that Marvel would put Jim Hammond, the original Human Torch, into the MCU just to burn Fox, pun intended. Using Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in The Avengers: Age Of Ultron is another way of sticking it to Fox, but it may take a long while to get X-Men back. I'm also sick of those movies being all about Wolverine at the expense of other characters, especially Cyclops and Jean Grey. I've also heard that Marvel is planning something with their X-Men and Fantastic Four comics to prevent them from promoting any of Fox's movies, like ending the Fantastic Four and killing off Wolverine.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 10-10-2014 at 03:26 PM