View Single Post
Old 10-04-2014, 05:57 AM
JM249481
New Fan

Why OTPs needs serious issues...

Being a rabid supporter of The Keens as an endgame couple, it may or may not be surprising that I don't want a happy/passionate reunion between Tom and Liz. I want lots of distrust and anger on Liz's part and plenty of snark from Tom. Tom saving Liz's life and Liz being pissed that he's been following her around would be kind of great, "What the ***** are you doing here?!" "Saving your life. You're welcome!" I want their relationship to move slowly. I want lots of fights, and accusation hurling on both sides. They have huge obstacles to deal with:

1) Tom's betrayal
2) Liz's bond with Red
3) The fact that while Tom knows Liz, Liz doesn't really know Tom
4) Tom's lack of conformity to the image of the man she wants to spend her life with
5) He's an assassin, she's a FBI agent
6) The fact Liz stills misses "Tom Keen"

To me, issues are the engine that makes tv romance go. Without real issues the writers are forced to keep inventing artificial ways to keep the couple apart, or to keep splitting them up. Tom and Liz they have lots of things to keep their relationship interesting. I'm looking forward to a nice long angst filled road. Complicated and messy is just how I like my ships.