View Single Post
Old 09-26-2014, 04:41 PM
Speedychatterbox
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
In our schools, you have to take an English, Math and a Science each year and then you can have electives, but you also have to have a certain number of credits at the end of highschool. If Pacey failed three courses and had to re-take those plus the standard 5-6 courses in senior year, that is an extremely heavy course load.
I graduated in 2004, which was 10 years ago and I am from NYS. You just needed to pass earth science, biology, and chemistry to get the science credit and just needed Algebra, Geometry, and trig. So if you did fail one of them you could retake them. There were only 4 classes in my school that were four years, English, History, gym, and since I went to an catholic high school I had to take theology. I guess it can depend on the school, year, and state. I do know NYS sometimes differs in education then some others states I think only one other state besides us had to take region exams which were annoying. Honestly I don't see high school make a kid take three extra courses it just wouldn't happen. They would either make the kid substitute the courses for other electives or they just wouldn't graduate with the rest of their class and finish the courses in summer school.

Last edited by Speedychatterbox; 09-26-2014 at 04:53 PM
Speedychatterbox is offline   Reply With Quote