View Single Post
Old 09-26-2014, 04:18 PM
JJH85
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedychatterbox (View Post)
I just have to point something out about this episode most of the classes you take senior year are electives. Pacey senior year should not have been made stressful the way the writers made it out to be. I get not wanting to take two English classes, but it was not extra work and it could have substituted for an elective. You do not need four years of math and science if you fail either of those classes in 11 grade and don't go to summer school it's no big deal just retake them senior year people in my high school did it all the time. Although you did have to take four years of English and had to pass English 11 before you could take English 12 and had to pass us history in 11 grade to take government and economics, in 12 grade. Anyway you have enough room to retake three failed classes senior year without it being stressful and taking extra classes. The writers reached with s/l and it was only a plot point to make others look better than Pacey and make the character look like a failure, which he wasn't. It was so stupid.
In our schools, you have to take an English, Math and a Science each year and then you can have electives, but you also have to have a certain number of credits at the end of highschool. If Pacey failed three courses and had to re-take those plus the standard 5-6 courses in senior year, that is an extremely heavy course load.

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote