View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 06:36 PM
Sweet Embrace
Fan Forum Hero

Claire Dunphy/Julie Bowen #8 Phil: "She donated clothes, furniture, appliances..she's like wonderwoman."

Welcome to the 8th
Claire Dunphy | Julie Bowen
Appreciation Thread

(c) misst89

Our gorgeous Emmy winner

Credit

I laugh at all of his jokes - with my mouth. Not with my eyes…
credit

One of the many things we love about her? She's an awesome mom!

Supporters:

1. carito
2. LiVenLoVe902
3. NOLA504
4. alexis bledel the best
5. xkellyx
6. TotalDenial
7. bellagrey13
8. misst89
9. attract your dreams ♥
10. babyblue54
11. girlyshorty85
12. Sincerely, Me.
13. L i N d $ @ y
14. skje
15. kyukyu
16. xlennie
17. MPFan09
18. hlgreenie
19. maroulucky
20. BOK
21. The Dreamers
22. hlgreenie
23. Cannibal_Princess♔
24. Jacquelyn
25. Wingster
26. vale decem

About Julie:

Julie Bowen (born March 3, 1970) is an American film and television actress. She played Carol Vessey on Ed and Denise Bauer on Boston Legal. She is best known for playing Claire Dunphy on the sitcom Modern Family, for which she won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series in 2011. She was also nominated in 2010.
Throughout Bowen's career she has played supporting roles in films including Happy Gilmore (1996), Multiplicity (1996), Venus and Mars (2001), Joe Somebody (2001), Kids in America (2005), Sex and Death 101 (2007), Crazy on the Outside (2010), Jumping the Broom (2011), and Horrible Bosses (2011).Bowen married Scott Phillips, a real-estate investor, on September 9, 2004. Their son Oliver McLanahan Phillips was born April 10, 2007 in Los Angeles. On May 8, 2009, she gave birth to twin sons, John and Gus.

About Claire:

Claire Dunphy (née Pritchett) is a fictional character on the American television series Modern Family. She is portrayed by Julie Bowen.

Claire is the daughter of Jay, Mitchell's older sister, and the overprotective mother of the Dunphy family and its three very different kids. She was once a wild-child who made a lot of mistakes over the years, and fearful that her mistakes could be made by her children, she works hard to try and help them avoid said mistakes. She is often exhausted from stress created by her family but is still a loving mother. When it comes to her kids she has difficulty controlling Haley's independence coupled with her irresponsibility, Alex's manipulative nature, and Luke's lack of common sense. She is seen as an experienced parent by Cameron and Mitchell so she is called upon for her parenting advice. She enjoys running and reading. Claire is also the most active family member when organizing family get-togethers. As alluded to in several episodes, namely season two episode "The Kiss", as a teenager, Claire was a wild child growing up.

25 things you don't know about Julie:

1. I am not a cat person.
2. I could live on Fresca.
3. Backgammon and gin rummy are the greatest gifts my father gave me.
4. I have tried and failed to learn Spanish for three years.
5. I doubt myself as a mother every day, but I love my boys [Oliver, 4, and twins John and Gus, 23 months].
6. Men drenched in cologne make me gag.
7. I secretly wish I were a cool barfly with a wicked pool game. I am not.
8. I’m a sucker for '70s music and anything with a cello.
9. I know the words to every Schoolhouse Rock! song.
10. I was really proud when Angela Bassett referred to me as "the right white girl" for Jumping the Broom [out May 6].
11. The people I work with on Modern Family are so ridiculously talented that I feel intimidated.
12. I hate voice mail.
13. I go to bed early, but I wake up in the middle of the night and read for an hour or two.
14. As a kid, I worshipped Jodie Foster in Bugsy Malone.
15. I don't understand cool cars, but wish I did.
16. I love basketball, but I cannot catch a ball.
17. I can't sing or dance to save my life.
18. Running is the only athletic endeavor I've ever been good at.
19. I am in awe of my sisters.
20. I'm not afraid to pick up a hammer and nail. In fact, I'm partnering with the Maxwell House Drops of Good project to revitalize struggling community centers across America.
21. I love a bargain and get ridiculously excited about shoes on sale.
22. I fall asleep on the couch. A lot.
23. I don't trust mean girls.
24. I get unnaturally excited about the Sunday New York Times.
25. I label anything without a heartbeat. It gives me a (totally false) sense of control.

Bonus track!

We know she's hot. We know she's hilarious. But here are four things you may not know about Modern Family's Julie Bowen:

1. She got her start on soaps.
"It was my first paid job!" Bowen recalls of her days on ABC's Loving. "I played a sorority sister who was dumpy and unattractive.
I thought I had won the lottery, I was so grateful."

2. She didn't get the Lost finale, either.
"I got that it wasn't about the polar bears." Still, the woman who played Jack Shephard's wife jokes,
"They should have run a crawl [on] screen that said, 'We're not explaining everything.'"

3. She's the national spokesperson for the American Lung Association's "Faces of Influenza" campaign.
"Sometimes I'm an OK parent, sometimes I give too much candy. But there's one thing I know to do: Get my kids immunized."

4. She's a lot like her type A character.
"We both hate the messy junk drawer," she confesses. "But Claire has a way better blowout every day than I ever do!"

Our girl looking gorgeous and being hilarious as always:

Previous threads:
{1} {2} {3} {4} {5} {6}
{7}

Future Titles:
“Change doesn’t just happen. It is forged by empowered women like me, Norma Rae, and the lady from The Blind Side."
"She donated clothes, furniture, applicances..she's like wonderwoman."

Last edited by Sweet Embrace; 08-31-2014 at 05:26 PM