View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 04:35 PM
Sunrise at Midnight
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateBlairlover (View Post)
Hi, i'm new to this thread but my friend told me about it knowing I might be able to get some support

Okay, so my dad died 3 years ago on the 4th of July, which happened to be a couple weeks before my 21st birthday so it made it insanely hard. I went through a lot of guilt after cause we were fighting that day and I thought I might be the reason but he had a heart condition, had a couple heart attacks prior so it wasn't that. But here's the more horrific part...

I had just gotten over his death, started being myself again, going out, talking to my family, finally started being okay again and then a year ago in March my mom died. It was really sudden, like more so than my dad, she was in a car accident and a blood clot made it to her brain and she died on Easter 2013 Things have seriously sort of sucked since then, lots of pain and guilt and last year I got into a accident myself so I was confronted with the idea I could die the same way and it really freaked me out.

I'm doing better now, went through therapy, got a BF, looking for a job, but the losses are still with me and i'm trying but it's difficult.

Thanks for listening.
so sorry for your losses. You can talk to anyone here anytime. Guilt is messy thing. You should always know that no matter what we kids say to our parents, deep down they know we love them.

It's important to work though things at your own pace otherwise you just end up in a never ending loop.

We're here anytime and if you just need to get some stuff out this thread is good for that too.

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.