View Single Post
Old 02-03-2004, 03:59 PM
j.m.
New Fan

Wow, what a great episode. I think the last three episodes have been some of the finest they have put together. To me, the sign of a good episode is if I want to watch it again before the easyview on Sunday. I actually watched this one again last night to get all the subtle stuff.

I was glad to see Nina again, you never realized what a powerful character she was until she returned. It was good to see her and Dr. Brown's reconciliation.

Finally we see Amy and Ephraim on-screen together again. All three of their scenes were excellent. The chemistry between these two leaves the Ephraim/Madison and Amy/Tommy looking pretty weak. I am really looking forward to seeing these two start to grow together. The scene in the mexican restaurant was very well done. I thought it was the strongest scene of the episode (which is saying something because I thought last night was an episode full of great scenes). It was good to see that even with all the problems between them, Amy acknowledges that she can depend on Ephraim. Good stuff.

Bright is still a great character, I really liked how he handled the birthday party. Even though he is mad at Amy he is still protecting her and watching out for his folks. He needs more screen time. I also like how we see his and Ephraim's relationship growing.

I thought it was a great technique they used to show us that Tommy is lying to Amy. It was subtle and yet very powerful, I was also impressed when we see the look on Ephraim's face when he realizes that she's being lied to. That, imo, is well-done TV. I am curious to see where this all goes. I'm glad we're almost done with Madison and Tommy. Next week looks interesting, I'm really hoping both sides don't go through with it, it would seem to be out of character for both Amy and Ephraim. We'll see....