View Single Post
Old 02-03-2004, 10:09 AM
Houston
Passionate Fan

Another good episode.

I think I will start this with Nina.

Finally she is back and Iliked how TPTB just did not sweep it under the rug that a regular cast memeber has not been around for lord knows how many episodes. We the audience are not stupid and we certainly noticed that she was seriously MIA. But the fact that there was a reason for it shows you just how thoughout the direction of the show is. TPTB do not do anything without a reason. This was to show Andy that he has seriously been a delinquit friend to Nina and she had every reason to be pissed at him. I feel so bad for Nina. She has her hands full with Sam.

Ephram/Amy- Greg and Emily work so well together and I have seriously missed their friendship wich the lack thereof was also addressed in this episode. Amy was right(yes that came from me who routinely admonishes her behavior), its like Ephram switched from Amy to Bright and basically just dropped out of her life. However, with that said, I do not fault Ephram for that. He needed to get on with his life and find someone new who could return his feelings and be there for him. He needed to think about himself. The E/A relationship is very one sided with Ephram doing the giving and Amy the recieving. I think that from their current relationships with Madison and Tommy, they will learn how to balance their own relationship to where they are more equal. Anyways, so happy to see how uncomfortable they are at talking about each others love lives. That is a sign. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Amy/Tommy- At first I was all for this (first 2 episodes), but over the past few episodes I began to see a disturbing pattern. Once again, Amy is making her entire existence revolve around a boy. She did it with Colin which I always thought was unhealty and she is beginning to do it with Tommy. Not to mention that I cannot shake my bad feeling about Tommy. And there were signs in this episode that Tommy might not be so good for Amy. His totally going off on her though he explained it away was a tad psycho. Then we have Ephram who witnessed Tommy outside with Madison's band members smoking (I have no clue if it was cigarettes or weed). Then poor Ephram learns that Tommy lied to Amy about where he was that afternoon. I think all to soon, Amy will begin to realise that she did not make a wise choice. I actually felt for Amy in this episode to an extent. Though I still beleive that she is in the wrong, I think maybe she is beginning to realise that to a certain extent. But her missing her father's B-Day over Tommy had me seeing red. [img]smilies/furious.gif[/img]

Ephram/Madison- There is no way this relationship will work. I don't think that Madison can really get over the age difference though I see that she is trying. Plus I don't think Amy is really out of the picture. Especially now that it seems her and Ephram have renewed their friendship.

Bright- Good lord this kid keeps getting better and better. I was touched that he would include Amy's name on the gift to Dr. A because he knew how much Dr. A wanted Amy there.

Andy/Linda- I am ready for these two to break up.

Dr. A- I felt so bad for him. He really does love Amy. But he cannot continue to have her rule his life.

Edited to talk about the promo. Godd lord what was that. Have to definately tune in for next weeks show. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

[ 02-03-2004: Message edited Houston ]