View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 08:48 PM
Maple Crunch
Part-Time Fan

I refuse to not support anything Miles's Girl Sister does. I recall noting in one of the 13C episodes when i noticed here that i really liked this character; that she was kind of funny and quick with a response. I kept my eye on her, and she has turned into easily my favourite character on the show.

pairing her with winston is a strange choice, one that could prove fruitful or just flop completely. it would be like pairing Manny with Toby, one of these characters feels like they have BIG TIME STAR POTENTIAL, the other just feels like a sidekick. i don't know, i really loved the episode where they got together and i've enjoyed the dynamic of their relationship, but i can't put my finger on what it is, because it feels so incredibly wrong. This shouldn't work, but it kind of does.

Above all else, I guess this relationship hasn't given me a reason to dislike it, which can't much be said for any other relationship on this show. Miles's Girl Sister is a powerhouse, we'll see how long Winston can keep up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkCityRoyalty (View Post)
Yeah. I like that their issues, in comparison to other couples' issues on the show are relatively simple.

I mean, when they first showed the promo with Frankie calling him a jerk, I seriously thought it'd be a bad fight or something. xD

But once they showed the actual episode, it became apparent that the issue wasn't actually a huge issue, like I thought it'd be, but rather a misunderstanding on Frankie's part, and maybe a bit of selfishness on Winston's part.

I at least appreciate that he acknowledged he was wrong, and Becky didn't listen to him. In a sense, I can understand his reasoning. I don't think he intended to hurt her feelings, or make her feel insecure.
I think this is the appeal for me, they don't seem like an EPIC COUPLE, they're just kids who like each other, and to me, those have always been the best couples. A Sean/Ellie will always be better than a Craig/Ashley. The only exception to an epic couple being better than a quiet one is probably a Holly J/Sav and Eclare. I'm going on memory here, but I remember Holly J/Sav being just a light hearted nothing and Eclare being this big booming epic romance, but Eclare was 100% more entertaining. This is going off of memory and my memory has deceived me before.

Last edited by Maple Crunch; 08-05-2014 at 07:45 AM
Maple Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote