View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 06:34 AM
OutoftheWoods
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
I always find this discussion during the time that Pacey/Joey went behind Dawson's back in the manner that they did interesting because Dawson seems to take a lot of heat. It's interesting to me. I mean, some conveniently forget what was actually done to Dawson to create any reaction in the first place.

I have to wonder how many of us would react if we were Dawson? What if your best male friend stabbed you in the back like that, not only falling for, but actually actively acting on feelings for the girl you have always loved in one way or another since you were little? Would we all just step aside and applaud and cheer on your best guy friend and the girl you were in love with? I highly doubt many would.

I have always found this very interesting. The Dawson hatred has always been there and of course the character was used as a means to almost make it "okay" that he was stabbed in the back.

In my opinion, Dawson and Andie were both made to look extra bad in season 3 in order to make way for Pacey/Joey. It was always glaringly obvious to me and I never fell for it.

The beauty that was Pacey/Andie was essentially destroyed in order for Pacey/Joey to happen. I just can't get over that. I really can't.

I have tried more than once to rewatch the series and see things differently but I can't. I can't go there. Not for a lack of trying.

Bringing it back to this episode, I just can't enjoy it. Not when I see where the show was going from this point forward. It makes me sad. I was such a huge Dawson's Creek fan. Seasons 1 and 2 were so good. After that, the show took a turn that made me so sad.
Well said about Dawson's actions.

And I agree about how the writers made Dawson and Andie look bad in this season to make the P/Jo pairing look better. P/Jo definitely had their moments, and maybe I could have shipped them more if it hadn't changed Dawson and Andie's character for the worst.

No offence to P/Jo shippers. I can still see why you guys ship them.

Previously, 'WileyDairyGnome'
OutoftheWoods is offline   Reply With Quote