View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 12:07 PM
TL22
Extreme Fan

Quote:
To which Andie would have replied, "Sure go ahead," because unlike Dawson she isn't a manipulator, and because she cares about Pacey she wanted him to be happy no matter what. I also don't think it was "as soon as Andie turned her back", it was "as soon as Joey asked him." I like Andie, but the fact of the matter is she cheated on Pacey. I know I certainly would never not live my life because I'm too afraid to hurt the feelings of my ex who cheated on me. Screw that.
I'm sure if Pacey had asked Andie she would have said yes. But Pacey should have told Andie that he wanted to go to the prom to see Joey and not tell her he would be honoured to take her. He did anything but honour her at the prom.

Andie cheating on Pacey.....Let's see a young lonely frightened girl with mental issues who was most likely on some sort of drugs makes a mistake. Andie was honest. She never had to tell Pacey about her misstep and he never would have known. But she was the kind of girl who wanted to have an honest relationship; so she told him.

I have no problem with Pacey's reaction which was normal when you find out your girlfriend cheated on you. I also think once Pacey understood what happened he would have really forgave her. He played lip service to forgiveness but he didn't forgive her......He also uttered what has to be the stupidest lines in the series

Pacey..."""Whether or not I can forgive you, Andie, is not going to be what keeps us apart. What you did... Our relationship was like this beautiful thing, and I don't think you ever realized how powerful it was. You changed my life, Andie, you were that person for me. You inspired me to be a man that I'd only ever dreamt about being. When you first started to get sick, it dawned on me that I might not be that person for you. I can never go back to loving you the way I did knowing that my love wasn't strong enough the first time around. I could always forgive you, Andie, but I will never forget.'''

What Pacey is insinuating is that his love would have stopped her descent into mental illness.......The writer who came up with that should have been fired.

Pacey eventually did truly forgive Andie and it was in the graduate episode near the end of season four. He acknowledged his debt to her.

Quote:
Look, I'm not trying to argue or change your mind. I know that's impossible. And no matter how many times we go back and forth and talk about Joey's "true" feelings and the "real" reason why Kevin wrote the finale the way he did, we have to take the story for what it is. I got the ending I wanted, so Anti-P/J sentiment really doesn't bother me. I just don't like such blatant unfairness. Even with the understanding that people tend to give a pass to those they like, and vilify those they don't, this is just ridiculous. If Pacey is wrong for asking Andie to the prom, and Joey is wrong for not taking Dawson at his word, Dawson is absolutely wrong for lying to Joey and despicable for pretending that he was only throwing the prom for Jack's sake. At least he himself admitted he might have been wrong, even if he didn't take responsibility for the repercussions. And I can't stand when men blame women for their wrongdoings. I love Pacey, but the only time he acted like a jerk at a prom was during Promicide. I understand why he was upset, but he didn't have to embarrass her. But I guess I'll save my comments about it for when we get up to that episode.
I fail to understand what you mean by blatant unfairness. Obviously we are looking at the same scene with different opinions. I don't see where I or anyone else has been unfair. To give Joey Potter some credit she did admit to her sister that she made a mistake accepting the prom date from Dawson, but by accepting the date and knowing the possible consequences, her asking Pacey to dance was out of line. Supposedly she is not a stupid girl and if she had no idea as to how Dawson would have reacted she lives in LaLa land. If she truly loved Pacey why did she run off after Dawson?

Yes you got the ending you wanted. I'm not even going to argue that point, but I do know why you got the ending you wanted and I didn't get the ending I wanted
TL22 is offline   Reply With Quote