View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 12:31 PM
TL22
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Exactly. There was not a moment throughout seasons 3 and 4 that indicated she was over Dawson. The entire PJ relationship was tarnished because Joey couldn't get over Dawson and Pacey knew it.
Which is why by the time Promicide rolled around he was fed up with Joey and he decisively broke it off.

Quote:
Personally I don't think it was "false pretenses". If anything he lied about his inviting Andie not being a "pity-ask", but he never claimed to want to take her for any other reason than "having the honor" of doing so. He never said "I want to go to the dance with you so we can rekindle our relationship." If Andie thought so, he didn't say anything to lead her to believe it. I know it sucked for her to see Pacey and Joey dancing together but, as Joey told Dawson, if they were there as friends, it shouldn't matter who Pacey dances with.
Pacey knew Andie still had feelings for him. I have no problem with Pacey taking Andie to the prom, but where the problem was is that as soon as Andie turned her back he was dancing with Joey and making goo goo eyes at her. What the Pacey of old would have done and what he should have done was when Joey asked him to dance; Pacey should have replied. I'm here with Andie and he should have asked Andie if it was ok to dance with joey.

Every time I heard her say why can't we just go back and be like we used to, I wanted to throw a beer bottle through the screen. She is supposed to be intelligent, But here she is, and I'm sure she knew Dawson had major problems with Pacey at the time and as soon as Dawson turns his back she runs to Pacey for a dance. Is she so stupid as to think Dawson was not going to react?

So instead of seeing this so called beautiful scene I see two deceitful people who really don't care about anyone but themselves.......And true to form Joey goes running after Dawson leaving Pacey standing there. Which is what she basically did all of season four. Joey was also guilty of lying to herself. She was still clearly in love with Dawson while playing games with Pacey.

Pacey apologized to Andie after the dance. The reason he apologized was the only reason he wanted to go to the dance was to be around Joey.

I feel sorry for Pacey because his True Love was actually the girl he was apologizing to.
TL22 is offline   Reply With Quote