View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 10:27 AM
Azaiya
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
Pacey did not shine......He took Andie to the prom under false pretense,, knowing that she still had feelings for him, and the first chance he had he dances with Joey.

I remember Andie standing there broken hearted with tears watching Pacey dancing with Joey. Then to top it off she forgave him.

To top it off when Dawson got upset, Joey ran after him which more or less foreshadowed season four; where all they did was fight over Dawson.
Personally I don't think it was "false pretenses". If anything he lied about his inviting Andie not being a "pity-ask", but he never claimed to want to take her for any other reason than "having the honor" of doing so. He never said "I want to go to the dance with you so we can rekindle our relationship." If Andie thought so, he didn't say anything to lead her to believe it. I know it sucked for her to see Pacey and Joey dancing together but, as Joey told Dawson, if they were there as friends, it shouldn't matter who Pacey dances with.

On the other hand, Dawson admitted to coming up with idea of the Alternative Prom not for Jack's sake, like he pretended to, but to rekindle his relationship with Joey. He also told Joey that the only reason he wanted to go to the prom with her was to honor the promise they made as two old friends. So if anyone was going throwing around false pretenses, it was Dawson.

I do agree with you about Joey considering Dawson's feelings and their friendship over Pacey's feelings and their relationship as foreshadowing Season 4. That was one thing I truly hated about Season 4. I get it though; at the time Joey and Dawson's co-dependency was so unhealthy. I'm glad Joey went to college and found the spine she lost during the summer between Season 2 and 3.

All of that aside, I loved this episode. Pacey and Joey's longing for each other was so heartbreaking to see. Then they were finally able to dance and we could see how much their relationship progressed since Four to Tango. They both finally looked alive and happy for the first time since making out in The Longest Day, and they were so comfortable in each other's arms...