View Single Post
Old 11-26-2003, 05:02 PM
screenagedkicks2003
New Fan

Hey Big DC Fan! Yeah, I believe I am the same person actually... hermonifus, I used to be until I lost all web capabilities. Glad you enjoyed the first two episodes... trust me, it just keeps getting better and better. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Esmo - ITA. The show certainly does feel a lot slower in its pacing and I think I prefer my drama that way... gentle and reflective.

Oh and hello to Maria too, thanks for the welcome. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Okay, the following comments contain spoilers on #105 and #106, so for those who have yet to see them, turn away now...

'The Doctor Is In' was a good episode with some cracking scenes (loved the teaser sequence especially... hilarious, wonderful acting by Tom Amendes. Don't you just love the way he says 'with a masters in social work'? lol), but even it pales in comparison with 'We Hold These Truths'. What an outstanding 45 minutes of television. Beautiful script, beautiful acting and some truly beautiful music (highly impressed with the instrumental pieces). Loved the juxtaposition to the sound of 'Caught By The River'; 'twas a wonderfully woven piece of dual storytelling. Gregory and Emily blew me away yet again, in pretty much all of their scenes together, but especially in Amy's revelation regarding her fight with Colin. The two actors bring such a strong sense of realism to the programme and, on a lighter note, Ephram gets some extremely cute lines (the Twix thing particularly, and the various conversations over the travel games) that continually make me want to glomp the guy. Cudos also to Chris Pratt, whose delivery (and dialogue) was enough to bring a tear to my eye during and after his convo. with his dad. I really felt that this episode helped me care a whole ton more about both Colin and Bright's characters, and actually invest in the Amy/Colin relationship. That gorgeously picutresque and idyllic teaser sequence was of particular note in that regard. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Needless to say, I've been completely bowled over by this show. Let's hope the feeling continues...

Paul

[ 11-28-2003: Message edited screenagedkicks2003 ]
screenagedkicks2003 is offline   Reply With Quote