View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 12:26 AM
cherrios
Master Fan

The breaking up and getting back together has been done. I want to see them work on things as a couple. I am perfectly fine with them having issues. They are two very messed up people who have been to hell and back repeatedly. I love the fact that they have flaws as people and as a couple. No glossed over, unrealistic, boring couple here. I see enough of that on tv and movies. I don't want any Mary Sues thank you.

But it's total BS that they think it's a good idea that to make it epic or noir that they need to be on/off. What's truly amazing is them working together as a pair. Trusting each other and bringing out the best in each other. I want them to fight, I want them to disagree, I want them to be human.

For example, he gets hurt while flying a plane during a demonstration or while on his deployment. He's fine, but it's a close call. She freaks out and starts going all overprotective when he's home healing. And he reminds her that he went through this with her and this is the life he choose. There is always going to be some risk involved. I want to see them do normal stupid couple fights too like fighting about one of them putting the ice tray back empty. I want to see the small, medium, and big fights that come with any relationship.

But I want to see the good stuff too. Like Logan notices that Veronica's laundry is full, so he does her laundry because she don't have time to do it. Or he's had a long day at work, so she picks up his favor take out and they watch his favorite movie. One of them gets sick, so they get hot chicken soup and fruit and take care of the other. They split the chores, housework, and errands. They respect that some times they need to go out and be with their friends. Or make the effort to have decent relationships with the important people in their lives.

I love Logan and Veronica, but RT has this bad habit of not showing a lot of their relationship. I mean the stuff that he does show is great, the banter, the tension, the way they are each other's person. But so much is left out, the communication, them working on the stuff that bring them down.

I have said this, but the emails and skype are great for LoVe. But we didn't actually get to see any of that. But no more having things happen off screen, show us. How them communicate about what their lives over the nine years were, what their lives are like now, what they want from the future. For example, they could have shown him describing a day in the life of the Navy, the normal stuff that happens to keep her from worrying. Her telling him the story of how collected all her stuff from New York. How she ate at her favorite New York pizza place one last time with some of her New York friends. I so badly wanted to see. Flush the story out.

I want so badly to see Veronica meeting him when he gets off that boat. Where she wears a jeans and a t-shirt with a leather jacket on. As she says in the book, "Logan fell in love with her in striped shirts and jeans, why break from a winning formula," or something like that. Have her dress for him, but she kinda doesn't fit with the families and other partners. But he loves what she's wearing because it's her and he loves her. Have them sorta walk/run to each other and all that time apart she just jumps into his arms and they have one of their 'stop the world' kind of kisses. Where people in the crowd wolf whistle and Veronica slides from his arms all embarrassed. His Navy buddies call out to him and are introduce to the famous Veronica who they joking say, "they were sure she was a figment of Logan's imagination." And that "Veronica is way out of Logan's league." And they make plans to get together later to talk and get to know each other better. And Veronica and Logan talk about how they missed each other, but banter more about how Veronica and Dick came up with an agreement. That Veronica gets custody of Logan the first 48 hours without interruptions and she's booked them into the closest hotel. And they talk about how they don't plan to leave the room. I so want to see this all so badly. Instead of Logan already home, no I didn't get to see what happen while he was away. You will not rob me of their reunion, that's just wrong.