View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 12:36 PM
cherrios
Master Fan

Noir is great and I love that the show pays tribute to the noir of old. But I think you get to a point where you can't have the lead couple continually to go on/off with their relationship. They're not kids anymore, the will they/won't they starts to loose it's charm when they're pushing thirty. And to be honest I find all that stuff boring. I want to see how Veronica and Logan can handle being in an adult relationship. Especially considering their past issues and they have both grown as individuals over the years apart. How they stay individuals, but also work as a pair. It's clear that they are each others cosmic pull and no one else will ever compete. So lets stop horsing around and see what they could be, instead of letting stupid things drag them down again.

I want Logan to have children of his own. He's always craved that family unit so badly and even though I think he's afraid of becoming Aaron if he ever has kids. I think his want outweighs his fear. And I can see him being a great dad, he knows what it's like to grow up without love and trust. And I could see him lavishing the child with his whole heart and soul and making sure the baby will want for nothing. And I'm not talking material goods, is giving them a happy safe home.

Someone once posted on tumblr that Veronica and Logan's relationship is true noir. Except Veronica is the jaded, cynical, wise cracking private detective. While Logan is the femme fatale, who is mysterious and has a pull with the PI. Whose often getting into trouble and dragging their PI into crazy adventures.

When I think of Veronica and Logan's relationship. I think of Nick and Nora, he's a famous detective, who also works as a team with his rich wife. They both are good detectives in their own right, but they worse best as a team. And they had this great banter back and forth.

Nick Charles: Oh, it's all right, Joe. It's all right. It's my dog. And, uh, my wife.
Nora Charles: Well you might have mentioned me first on the billing.

Nick Charles: How'd you like Grant's tomb?
Nora Charles: It's lovely. I'm having a copy made for you.

Nora Charles: You know, that sounds like an interesting case. Why don't you take it?
Nick Charles: I haven't the time. I'm much too busy seeing that you don't lose any of the money I married you for.

Nora Charles: Take care of yourself
Nick Charles: Why, sure I will.
Nora Charles: Don't say it like that! Say it as if you meant it!
Nick Charles: Well, I do believe the little woman cares.
Nora Charles: I don't care! It's just that I'm used to you, that's all.

Nora Charles: All right! Go ahead! Go on! See if I care! But I thinks it's a dirty trick to bring me all the way to New York just to make a widow of me.
Nick Charles: You wouldn't be a widow long.
Nora Charles: You bet I wouldn't!
Nick Charles: Not with all your money...

Nora Charles: Pretty girl.
Nick Charles: Yes. She's a very nice type.
Nora Charles: You got types?
Nick Charles: Only you, darling. Lanky brunettes with wicked jaws.

They remind me so much of Logan and Veronica. I don't think getting married and having children would have them loose their edge, it would only make the bond between them stronger.