View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 09:17 PM
Jp10ah
Master Fan

I find this subject so sensitive and i'm going to just say, I don't want anyone to be offended by my thought process. I'm just spewing out what I was thinking while rewatching the series with a new outlook. I've been chewed out so many times for speaking my mind about sensitive topics such as this and I just want to say, I mean no disrespect whatsoever I just have some thoughts on the topic.

I believe they all hold responsibility in some way and it's hard to blame one person. I'm curious though, did Dick really convince Cassidy to have his way with Veronica or was that a scenario that could have happened? I know there's a scene with him doing it but did it actually happen? I can't remember exactly how it played out. I don't want to sound like i'm sticking up for Dick at all but I wonder if he was kind of just teasing Cassidy because he knew he would never do it anyway. Again, I don't want to defend any of these guys but the intention seemed to be that they wanted everyone to have a good time. Veronica assumed it was a roofie but it wasn't. It was a drug given to her without her consent and something bad happened. Everyone there contributed to what happened to Veronica.

Thinking back, I don't think the writers would write that the same way. It's upsetting because Dick is that lovable character now, when he used to be one of the worst. But i suppose that's kind of the theme of the show. Everyone is broken in some way and everyone has a dark past.