View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 11:19 PM
cherrios
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread

It's funny, she was so against being brought back into the fold back in season two. But I think it's different in the movie. I don't think she came back for Logan, though he's a part of it.

But I he's not even in town for the first six months that she's there. And he probably doesn't live in Neptune, I'm guessing he lives off base. And I'm guessing he's station in San Diego somewhere. San Diego is like a forty minute drive with good traffic from Neptune?

She loves being a PI, the trill, the chase, the adrenaline of getting the bad guy. Of bringing justice to those that are wronged. Though I kinda wish she had passed the bar in CA and been a lawyer for the little guys of Neptune. She would have never been happy working a corporate lawyer job. Getting rid of frivolous lawsuits would have made her miserable. I could see a case coming along that gets to her. That she couldn't drop and she could never could stop when she was got the bite of something. There is no doubt that she would be great at it, but it's not where her passion is. And I do think that a few years down the line, she would have just been going through the motions.

She doesn't want to disappoint Keith, Wallace, and Mac. But she can't live her life for them and I think she's done with that. Though I worry about her with all the school loan debt she must have and with Keith's medical bills and his long road to recovery. I'm sure Mars Investigation will always have cases courtesy of RT. But perhaps it might be a good idea to let Logan help out a tiny bit. She came out to help him as a favor to an old friend. He could pay her for saving his bacon and finding Carrie's killer.