View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 12:59 AM
Jaime Bee
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah and when they became a couple ect.

The characters are So alike and different at the same time.

I never really thought much about how both were the ones that welcomed Brenda and Brandon in a similar way. It was more Brandon wanting to be friends with Dylan though.The impact all those characters made on each other was really huge in retrospect. I'm not saying that the other characters didn't make impacts on each other but those 4 the most at least at first.

Dy/K were both lost in their own ways. Dylan was a loner struggling with his father and Kelly with her mother. She surrounded herself with people but not many real close friends. Except Donna but she didn't even realize what Kelly really was going through. Of course both had infamous untrue reps as well. The Walshes became family to all the gang but I feel closest to Dylan and Kelly at the start. It must have hurt losing that. It's good Dy/K still had each other to lean on at least some of those times.

I'm also reminded how in Senior Poll Kelly was voted for most beautiful and Dylan most handsome. That's how their peers saw them in general. It seems like on the outside they both have always had these perfect lives and that's far from the truth.I'm sure that goes along with what they were voted for in that Poll. Both of them hated it because they wanted to be more than that and I know Dylan basically said that in the episode. That's probably my fave thing about it. Dy/K come to an understanding about this and only made their love/connection stronger.

I know we have talked a lot about that and both having reps that weren't true. It's not like those are big revelations.

This is sort of OT but I've never understood why the fact that Dy/B going to Mexico and lying about it was more a big deal than when they found out Brenda had a pregnancy scare. I would think that would make Jim want to break them up a lot more. I've just always found that weird. I guess it doesn't matter since Brenda broke up with Dylan anyway. I was surprised when Cindy said she didn't have to do that. I can't remember exactly what Jim said in that moment though but he wasn't mad.

I hope some of this made sense.

It' almost 5am.

I think this might be the longest post I wrote about Dy/K.

This is nothing compared to what I write about Spuffy.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 06-16-2014 at 02:26 AM