View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 10:46 AM
Loyal Fan

Season two Duets was my favorite until Asian F knocked it off.
I love it when the deep supporting cast dominates an episode. It should happen more often. They're more versatile and can change dramatically without damaging other story lines.
The opening of season two episode one was also important for my becoming a fan.
It was the first time I got to see all 11 members. (Did Mike speak in season one? I understand Matt had exactly two lines.)
I also might not have lasted without Jacob Ben-Israel. The first time I saw it was the beginning of the repeat of Wheels. After the "Here's what you missed on Glee..." segment (also a vital key to the show's success) he was interviewing Sue about the pregnancy scandal. That allowed an update on a matter of no concern to the episode, showed Sue's temperament, and gave a glimpse of a recurring character played by an actor fighting for his life.
Duets gave meaningful scenes to all of them. Sue didn't distract them as she usually does, and it was about music.
Also, can you point out another episode in which Finn and Rachel were a couple and did something couple-like without the threat of imminent breakup?