View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 08:57 PM
Aurora Cormier
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
because there are so few of us posting regularly, I don't want to constantly be bumping threads where I am the last comment
But that is necessary sometimes, you know, specially with threads that can draw more attention. If it's been a day or two, there's no problem in bumping it if you were the last poster. Double posting is only a problem when you post right after yourself. And I say that with the experience of modding a slow board with few regular posters as well for years, so trust me, it works

Then again, you have to think of whether you want to keep the board alive or not. If you do, you need to engage in discussions more actively, because if you're already a small group and you don't respond with more than a short "me too", as the poster above mentioned, the conversation tends to get boring and die quickly. And, speaking as a poster, it can be really frustrating when you're trying to create debate and the other posters don't seem interested. That can drive people away just as much as the hate in the threads.