View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 04:09 PM
priya1008
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveJules! (View Post)
I think everyone who likes Bass thought he was redeemable.

I blame the writers for being so close-minded when it comes to Bass. Actually, Eric Kripke wanted to kill him off. But David's performance impressed him, so he changed his mind.
all of David's quotes on Bass clearly show he thinks he's redeemable. as an actor, he really understands how to create layers in order to give a character staying power. from the beginning, he did this, and in season 2 we got to see so many of these other sides to him, and that's why Monroe has become so loved by the fandom. at this point, the show could not exist without him.

i think the writers/producers keep talking about Bass as a "dark" character no matter what he does in the show to keep things interesting. this way, they can just always turn him back to the General when the need dictates it (pun intended). not really sure how i feel about that, but if Bass is purposely ambiguous, he will always be interesting.

i'm so sad about the cancellation, especially because of Monroe. i want so badly to learn more about him, and find out what his future holds. not seeing David every week feels pretty devastating right now. i hope my heart heals in time.

team Brooklyn ..CM..CS..FO..MN..DB.. Life is short; let's play a song.