View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 07:44 AM
IloveJules!
Extreme Fan

I think everyone who likes Bass thought he was redeemable.

I always thought Bass was redeemable. Even when he was at his darkest days. I could feel his pain and see how broken, lost and desperate he was. I always felt there was some good inside of him, despite what he has done and become.

That episode 1x19 just showed that he is totally redeemable. When Rachel forces him to show regret over the bad things he has done and Bass says he knows how much blood is on his hands and he hates it and is worried about what his son would think of him.

I actually thought that Bass would have a life changing moment after his execution. I thought we would see a completely changed Bass after he came back to life. He was basically reborn. I think it's unbelievable how it didn't change him at all.

I mean, he never even talked or thought about it. About how he was totally dead and suddenly he's alive. Thanks to Rachel and Charlie, of all the people.

I blame the writers for being so close-minded when it comes to Bass. Actually, Eric Kripke wanted to kill him off. But David's performance impressed him, so he changed his mind.

It looks like to the writers Bass will always be the "darkness" of Miles.

That's what David Rambo said in the most recent Revolution Revealed. But they also described him as one of the "heroes". So maybe if there was a season 3, they would actually redeem the character.

I like that the show is sort of acknowledging that Bass won't rebuild the Monroe Republic while Miles is around. That he would rather work and be around his "best" friend.

There is no doubt that there are more important things to Bass than power and glory. Connor and Miles are more important. The things he does is for them. And damn, he cares about Charlie, Rachel and even Aaron too. In his very own weird way.

Nice little report about the Penance screening.

All I know about Penance is the kind of character that David plays. I mean, what his character did. It's not good at all. It's highly disturbing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~MelBelle~ (View Post)
that's an adorable photo
It is, Mel. Funny adorable picture.

By the way, I found one very cool picture from the Revolution set.

Quote:

Proof #davidlyons is one of the coolest cats ever. He agreed to take a pic killing me.

Picture belong to damncatt