View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 02:52 PM
MistyMountainHop
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannygirl704 (View Post)
Or even bringing Penny in to replace Laurie once LRK left might have worked out too.
Yeah, if the show wanted to keep a discordant, unpredictable element in the show, Penny would've been perfect.

Quote:
Lisa, thanks for all those quotes and info on relative mentioned on Red’s side of the family!
You're welcome!

Quote:
I forgot about Cousin Joe! But I’m wondering if Cousin Joe and Uncle Paul are really the kind of cousin and uncle we think they are. I mean in my family we’ve got my mom’s aunts but we don’t call them great aunts it’s just Aunt so and so same with cousins occasionally….usually we don’t use ‘Cousin So and So’ So maybe Cousin Joe isn’t actually Laurie and Eric’s cousin maybe it’s Bernice’s or Red’s. Maybe Uncle Paul is Red’s uncle, Bernice’s brother, I know Kitty called him ‘Paul’ but my dad calls my great aunts by their names minus the aunts part.
OMG, now I'm all -- in a funny way. I always took the relative designations at face value since that's how it works in my family, but there's no real way to know how things work in the Forman family, is there? And, yeah, the kids did call their great aunt their "aunt". We need a Forman family tree.

Quote:
That’s interesting about Marty in ‘Days Like These’ in That ’70s Show too he offers to pay for Bernice’s funeral too and Red declines.
Oh, he did? I love that episode. How could I have forgotten that?

Quote:
Did they ever say if Red was the oldest?
Nothing was ever explicitly stated. Red's got several versions of his family, so ... if Marty's his only brother, Red's definitely the oldest. If Red's one among four brothers, then he could be in the middle somewhere. Maybe he and Paul are close in age, like a year apart, which is why they switch off taking Bernice to church on Sunday. Or they simply live close enough to Bernice while Marty ran away to freedom.