View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 09:09 AM
courtneybangelcakes
Elite Fan

See I think this finale was way worse for Stefan/Elena. First off, Elena's reaction to Stefan's death was horrible and insulting, imo. Yes, it could have been done for episode structure, to save Elena's breakdown for the very end of the episode, but to me - that's not an excuse. There should have been something, even a SENTENCE of Elena being like "We need to get him back" (there may have been something along these lines, but it wasn't very emotional) or her shedding ONE tear. Secondly, I think Damon/Elena are more established than ever. Like how can Stefan compete with a now-dead Damon? Elena is so in love with Damon right now, she continues to choose Damon over Stefan over and over again even though we know, and they know, that DE are toxic. Elena's reaction to Damon's death was so powerful, it was meant to be so beautiful and heartbreaking ...the writers clearly think they're the love story of the show now. At least in the S4 finale, I had hope they would go back to SE - the show was always a love triangle, they needed to test DE. But now in this finale, they've tested both and are going with DE it seems.