View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 01:34 AM
nannygirl704
Dedicated Fan

I could see the actress who played Penny coming to play Laurie. Or even bringing Penny in to replace Laurie once LRK left might have worked out too.

Definitely agree about seeing Penny more as someone on Red’s side of the family for the same reasons you mentioned Chris, but nothing was ever really stated so I still wonder And as far as Kitty being in the room when Penny was born I figured Kitty was already a nurse and Penny was born at the hospital where Kitty worked…though this would probably fit more if Penny was older or around the same age as Laurie. I don’t think I could see Kitty going back to work so soon after Laurie was born.

Lisa, thanks for all those quotes and info on relative mentioned on Red’s side of the family!

I forgot about Cousin Joe! But I’m wondering if Cousin Joe and Uncle Paul are really the kind of cousin and uncle we think they are. I mean in my family we’ve got my mom’s aunts but we don’t call them great aunts it’s just Aunt so and so same with cousins occasionally….usually we don’t use ‘Cousin So and So’ So maybe Cousin Joe isn’t actually Laurie and Eric’s cousin maybe it’s Bernice’s or Red’s. Maybe Uncle Paul is Red’s uncle, Bernice’s brother, I know Kitty called him ‘Paul’ but my dad calls my great aunts by their names minus the aunts part.

Annnd think about it we did kinda see this with Aunt Pearl. I’m thinking she must be Kitty’s aunt and Laurie and Eric call her Aunt Pearl and Red just calls her Pearl.

Can’t explain Jerry though lol. I think I’ve seen him in a few stories that include Red and Kitty flashbacks…

That’s interesting about Marty in ‘Days Like These’ in That ’70s Show too he offers to pay for Bernice’s funeral too and Red declines. Did they ever say if Red was the oldest? I wanna say they did and it fits. It’s hard to imagine Red as the younger brother or even Kurtwood Smith. In Resurrection his character is brother to the town Sheriff and for awhile they never said who was older when they finally did I realized how odd it would feel if Kurtwood Smith was playing the younger brother…wouldn’t be a kicker though if KS really was the youngest sibling in his family lol I think he’s not though, but he might be an only child.