View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 08:04 PM
shinebrighterxx
Graphics Team Manager

I agree to that. Jealousy will always be there, it is a part of the show, but I really wish they could move past that & let them be friends

I agree with that, it was a missed opportunity & an odd scene. It depends on how you want to look at it, & maybe something between them was cut out, but they could have done a lot more & differently with the two. But they also could have had someone else go & speak with Karen. I think Julia would have been the best person, although Derek probably would have made Cartwills fans feel a tiny bit better & it would have given you a scene

S2 was a mess, & I think part of why I didn't like Jimmy was because I didn't agree with what they did with him. I didn't think Karen should get a boyfriend so quickly or that she needed one. It was the perfect opportunity for her to move on & focus on her career but instead they preferred to have her in a relationship. This gives me more reason to really hope that had they had S3 they would have fixed that & had her alone. Even if it was just for the start & because Jimmy was in prison, it was a start towards what S2 should have been

I think with a movie there is less ways to give her someone to conflict with. Instead they could have kept with Ivy but it would be conflict over Derek?

I ship Divy & while I'd LOVE for their happily ever after & them to be a happy family I don't know that that is what we would have gotten. Then I also don't think that baby = happily ever after or that they have to stay together. I guess I just want to see both sides even though I didn't ship Cartwills . I think my shipping of Divy is more I see potential & that they are adorable together. I'd be happy for them to just be friends, they don't necessarily have to be a couple. That possibly adds to why I can see it like this too. Safran shipped Divy, right? That'd probably get in the way of our ideas here, but I like them anyway . Really I think it is possible that Ivy loved Derek but Derek loved Karen, which complicates things & if Karen turned around & loved Derek back then I'd be happy with it as long as Ivy & Derek remained friends & had cute scenes together still

Agreed about Ana & Ivy having the similar experience. They possibly have crossed paths, but go for different musicals usually? Therefore never a competition. Karen could do anything while Ivy seemed to be more suited for Bombshell or Liasons while Ana was more suited for Hit List. However they may have changed the characters had the show gone on. I think it would be a few seasons in before we got a new musical with a chance of those two interacting/both being in it though. Especially with Ivy having a baby as she'd leave Bombshell when she couldn't do it anymore since she couldn't play Marilyn pregnant for too long then she'd possibly stay with the baby. I don't know that I see her trying to perform with the baby off to the side. Not at first anyway

Maybe but I don't think that we would have seen Dev again. Unless he randomly showed up to try & apologise to Karen? Ick

What do you think would have happened with Eileen & Nick?

Chelle » join GTmy art