View Single Post
Old 03-29-2004, 12:04 AM
joske
Extreme Fan

Why wouldn't Coda be believable, IN THE MINDS OF THESE WRITERS? Didn't Joey do the same thing with D in S2? She was head over heels with D, she finally got what she had been waiting for, yet she has no problems dating Jack.

I think the scenes in 510 were cut because they came too late and should have been at the beginning of S5. And I don't think they show anything that justifies the P/J affair in S6 or a buildup to the finale.

It's fine for you to look for hints in other scenes to justify the ending, but what it all comes down is 'given all DC's history do I buy what tptb wants to sell to me?' NO, I don't buy that J would have dated Jack, I don't buy that D/J wouldn't have contacted each other during summer between S5 and 6, that D and J would have dated other people during that summer, that J would obsess over that Coda kiss over the summer after S4, that Bessie wouldn't have done her job in 222, that P/J would last that long in S4, that after S5 and half of S6 P was still hung up on Joey, that P and D who had come to a good understanding in S5 would have had a Christmas dinner without talking to each other, that J had ALWAYS been running from Pacey, that D would still have feelings for J at the end of S3 and 4, that D would have jumped in Jen's arms in S5, that D and J would be OK with just the ending they got, etc Like I said it's fine for you to look for hints but with one scene or line it could be undone...that's DC for you.

[ 03-28-2004: Message edited joske ]
joske is offline   Reply With Quote