View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 10:29 PM
IBelieveInMiracles
Elite Fan

I try to use fan pandering sparingly too because not people have started to use it for every pairing they don't like but it doesn't fit every pairing. But yeah John/Astrid so are. There is absolutely no naturally progressing storyline that would explain him wanting to get with her. I don't like the age difference though but more than just because it's inappropriate. John is way past needing to date high schoolers. He is a full grown man carrying tons of baggage. No teenager could ever give him what he needs or wants. And that's just the beginning point of why John/Astrid is so stupid. The other big one being how much the show has pushed him being in love with Cara. They've had a huge love story and have overcome so much and are actually still together at this point. Even if something does tear them apart, I don't buy him being over her one episode later or something. He didn't stop loving her when she slept with Stephen or kicked him out, why would he stop now? And why on earth would he hook up with Astrid? Especially in the midst of all the crap going down. I mean potentially he and the love of his life break up and a bunch of crap goes down with the Tomorrow People and Ultra but somehow in all that he's going to find time to rebound with some high school girl he barely knows? Yeah right that makes tons of sense. So I repeat- fan freaking pandering.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/