View Single Post
Old 03-26-2004, 08:04 AM
Sugz
Master Fan

I disagree. I just think its stupid to believe that the writers of a show would purposely sabotage themselves and write crap filler stories that they knwe would go nowhere. For Jen or Jack, maybe, but I think that in cases like Pacey and Karen and Pacey and Audrey the writers were hoping they'd catch on and become really popular so that they could go on with the other "triangle" couple without upsetting too many people. There's no doubt in my mind that Pacey and Karen and Pacey and Audrey were both something the writers tred to use to get Pacey and Joey fans in season 5 to switch over to whoever Paceys new "love of his life" was, just like havin g him come home in season 5 with Melanie was a way of saying "Hey PJers, Paceys over it, you get over it too", it just didnt work. Karent was never meant to be shipped offi n a yellow taxi, she just never caught on and Audrey and Pacey were supposed to be white hot since so many fans seemed to enjoy Audrey but that didnt live up to the standard either.

Point is the writers had to go with what was popular. It wasnt their fault if a couple didnt catch on, they could try it out but what the fans wanted wasnt up to them and what worked was going back to Pacey and Joey in season 6. You cant force something that doesnt work. In Karens case you couldve written her as a carbon copy of Joey Potter but the actress' chemistry with Josh Jackson just wasnt there, she came off as far too bitchy.

And You cant really say the writers are incapable of building up a romance and capturing fans' attention, look at Pacey and Joey.

[ 03-26-2004: Message edited Sugz ]
Sugz is offline   Reply With Quote