View Single Post
Old 03-25-2004, 03:41 PM
Jerry D
Administrator

I love a good romance too, and I absolutely adored the romantic undercurrent that Dawson and Joey’s friendship had in Season One, and I also loved Pacey and Andie’s romance in Season Two, and I loved seeing Pacey and Joey rekindle their romance in Season Six. I also loved seeing Dawson and Jen as a romantic couple in Seasons One and Five. But can anyone honestly say they enjoyed the other romances on the show, like Pacey and Karen, or Pacey and Audrey, or Joey and Eddie, or Jen and Charlie, or Joey and Charlie, or Dawson and Natasha? All of those so-called “romances” were about as exciting as watching paint dry, and they bored me to tears, and that’s what I call lazy writing. I would have much preferred seeing stories that had more depth to them, and would have allowed us to know the characters that we cared about better, rather than seeing those characters in pointless romances that wasted our time and insulted our intelligence. That’s what I meant when I said that this show devoted way too much time to romantic entanglements.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote