View Single Post
Old 03-24-2004, 02:05 PM
Sugz
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by newmom5497:
<STRONG>

The only time I think the writers were at fault, and I don't even know if this is 100% true(Sugz, maybe you know the true story)...but I remember an interview with one of the cast members(James, I think) discussing Season 3...and I think he said that the new writers that were hired for the beginning of Season 3 didnt even like the show. So of course the writing is going to be radically different from the previous 2 seasons(and it showed).</STRONG>

I think you can deduce for yourself whether that is true or not. I mean really, saying that the writers who were hired in season 3 didnt even like the show? Thats a bit excessive isnt it? Keep in mind those same writers, stayed on for 2 and 3 more seasons after season 3, so not liking the show is ridiculous. I think what they wanted to do was switch it up a little to keep it from getting stale and another season of "Dawson and Joey will they won they" romance was not what the show needed, Im confident that even if Kevin had stayed on he wouldve stepped away from Dawson and Joey as well, its just the sensical thing to do.

I think it's fine if you prefer seasons 1 and 2, just like I preferred seasons 3 and 4, but to think that the writers somehow sabotaged a certain couple or fanbase on purpose through 4 seasons is a bit out there. I dont think there were "PJ writers" and "DJ writers" . Gina Fattore co-wrote Coda and wrote Castaways, you cant get any more opposite than those two episodes. The writers have to go with the arc, they can add a twist in their own writing, sure, but each writer doesnt decide whats going to happen, that decision beongs to the show runner so the idea that there were separate PJ and Dj writers isnt true. However, I do think its common knowledge though that as the series got further in most writers preferred writing for Pacey and Joey, and ahts their personal perogative, but it doesnt mean they individually get to decide what happens.
Sugz is offline   Reply With Quote