View Single Post
Old 03-24-2004, 11:44 AM
COOLCAT200
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sugz:
<STRONG>
Individually, I think that there were writers over the years who had differing ideas which gave us the mish mosh we got mid series. I think that it was clear in the beginning of season 5 that the new showrunner Tom Kapinos was not interested in pleasing or stringing along all fans but was intent on bringing back Dawson and Joey as a romance. It seems to be that other writers as well as the network were not in agreement with him and season 5 was a bit of a war, which is why there were stops in production as well as a choppy Dawson and Joey story that never reall ymaed any progress. It seems the more business-smart route of keeping as many fans watching as possible won out over Toms vision, which I think was smart because alienating a large fanbase that you fed and created the entire season prior is just not smart Tom.

</STRONG>
You made some good points but it's also not right to tease the D/J fans like they did with the ''They are finally gonna get there shot but ohhhhh nooooo lets not let happen but let's make it look like its gonna happen and get there fans hopes up''. After 602 I fully felt toyed with and when you love a couple as much as I love D/J it's just sad when I would get my hopes up and then boom. When I read the spoilers about the fight in 601/02 I really thought it was some kind of sick joke. Surly you can understand that.