View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 09:33 PM
soldier of affinity
Master Fan

Ugh I'm glad I didn't watch this live since all I did was fastforward Camille scenes. I only liked the Davina scenes, and even though Klaus didn't do anything it was still nice to see him troll Elijah all day. A thousand years and this guy is still oblivious to getting prank'd by his brother right under his nose.

I don't think Rebekah would have saved this episode, but her loss is not good. Even though she never had a storyline, her being away has made Cami and Hayley twice as unbearable to watch. While I think Hayley fans may disagree, I'm sure everyone will agree about Cami.

As boring as Hayley is (and god that accent I swear 2G), she at least ties into the plot and is part of the war. Whereas Camille is completely irrelevant (even with her uncle telling her she's expected to take his place) and the writing just expects her to grow on us if they shove her down our throats with more screentime, seriously no one cares that she's crying waterworks about her uncle. NO. ONE. CARES. And making her jealous of Genevieve (and vice versa) was so much tryhard that it wasn't even funny. I've never seen TPTB keep shoving down a relationship that is never going to win viewers over, but I think they'll stay stubborn for now this season.

The only thing interesting about the wolves is their secret about siding with Klaus, the painting was a nice cliffhanger. I'm not disappointed that Genevieve barely had a lot of scenes besides being a sexual distraction, she's new, so she's not going to become a regular overnight. but I'm hoping that her fanbase or somewhat of her popularity sends her to season two and replaces the boredom that is Camille. Arrow apparently did it with Felicity, and it doesn't help that Gen is the only klaus-involved girl that fans tweet writers about (on TO).

This ep was not bad but was not impressive enough to make people excited for next week or two. Aside from Klaus' cliffhanger scheme, the ep just had too much forcing of supporting characters who no one really gives a crap about (the wolves, cami, and marcel). I think Davina was the only S.C. worth rooting for

my cheap review:

Elijah:
Klaus:
Marcel:
Genn:
Hayley:
Davina:
Cami:
Josh:
Monique:
Jackson/Oliver:
Kieran: