View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 11:36 AM
secretk
Master Fan

I'm done with my voting as well. As usual my votes are different than most people, but hey it gets interesting this way .

Those are the three episodes I choose:

The Last of Summer

Well since I'm Colin fan this episode really moved me. When I was watching the series I hadn't checked imdb and I hadn't read the spoilers so I had hope till the last moment that Colin might be alive. I mean I knew logically that he would be dead, but I still wanted him to be alive. I know naive . What I love about this episode though is the speech Ephram gave Amy about losing someone you love. I've never read or heard anything that could describe better the situation. It was so wise and so true. I actually have bookmarked this because it's just so good and so true. I don't know if it was realistically for him to know this, but I liked that he didn't tell her that it would be the same because it's really not, because the death of someone close to you really changes you and I'm glad that someone admitted this. I liked the analogy with the broken hand because it depicts so well how you feel. You try to cope, you don't forget. Really powerful. One of those moments that made Everwood different show.

]

Do or Die

I know that most people would choose You Future Awaits, but I liked this one more. For totally shallow reasons loved both Amy and Ephram and how they look. Let's just say that Season 2 Ephram is my favorite look and I usually don't like bangs and half of the time in Season 2 Amy was made to look depressive so in this episode they both were gorgeous.

Aside the shallow reasoning I love the conversation Ephram and Amy had. Personally for me Ephram and Amy grew up in this season. Amy because of the depression and well Tommy and Ephram because of Madison. Now don't get me wrong I'm not saying that having sex makes you grown up. I think that it was mostly because Ephram wanted to try something and he realized in the end that it was wrong and basically not good for him. In the end he knew why he wanted Madison - because she liked him. Not because he loved her, but because it felt nice for him that someone likes him. It boosted his ego and that was pretty much it. I do think that this was one of those fully honest grown up conversations they had though. Yeah I know a lot of people think that what Ephram said made Amy sad and everything, but I see it differently. I think that in the long run what Ephram said made perfect sense. It made Amy really ask herself why she wanted to be with Ephram. I do believe that Ephram owed to Amy this conversation, to tell her that he didn't choose Madison over, he just wanted to be with some and was with her. I think that in the long run it set the point straight and cleared the uncertainty around this.

The Day Is Done

Well there are things that I like in this episode and things that I dislike. Madison's pregnancy was revealed here and you know I'm not a fan of that, but there were other scenes that were cool.

I do believe that there was growth for Ephram in this episode too. I loved how he realized that yes he loves Amy, yes he wants to be with her, but he would also live his life and go to Julliard and won't step back. He finally got himself at the point where he would do something for himself and I loved that. In the same time he didn't say to Amy look mind your business. He might have decided to go there, but he made the picnic, he reassured her that he wants to be with her and he just didn't want to lose this opportunity. I liked how wise and delicate he was. Yes he might have looked selfish to a lot of people, but he wasn't a jerk either.

I also loved the Bright/Ephram bonding in this episode and Bright/Delia. Lovely scenes.