View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 12:01 AM
Meyers
Dedicated Fan

My post just disappeared. I think FF is judging me. But since I was basically laughing at myself when I wrote the post, I guess that's fair. Let's see if I can condense. My brain is filled with useless VM knowledge (and other useless knowledge.) Anyway. Long story short, a number of months ago I was on a strange path of trying to figure out who was representing VM as management. Today I found out that whatever else was going on for a while (I can't even remember what conclusions I came to on that path I took), VM are again, or still, managed by Danny Fritz, who left IMG to start his own company. VM may be their only non-golf clients! But yeah, his twitter and the company (Sportbox) twitter was active for VM in February, and they're on the official website.
SportBox Group . TALENT
(I started looking into it again because I could remember the original tweets of Tessa in her paso doble dress for a photoshoot, and of course finally those pictures were making their way into the world with P&G.)

On another note, have I been so Olympics focussed that I had no idea that W network had been updating their video page for VM? To me, there were lots of new mini videos, like "Tessa On Scott" (um, now that I've typed that, it amuses me, but of course it's questions about Scott that Tessa is answering) or "Working Out with Tessa". And best of all, another video of VM competing in 1998 as wee little things.
http://www.wnetwork.com/shows/tessa-scott/clips

And thanks for the photos, Ice Princess... beautiful!

ETA: holy smokes, that's a lot of touring they'll be doing. Superstars on Ice in Sopporo, Japan early April; Stars on Ice Japan, mid-April; Canadian Stars on Ice late-April-mid May. (Mind you, the US tour of SOI is a couple of months of touring this year on it's own, so I guess this is comparative.) I am trying very hard to be all realistic. But there is the small, hopeful part of my brain saying, "Well, they'll be in Japan anyway....". I must laugh at myself all over again. But it looks like the VM obsession can continue at least for a little while. I'm hoping that with Jeff on the Japan tour too, that maybe he's the group choreographer for both tours and they'll only have to learn one major set of programs, with the inevitable changes that come with a change in cast. But it's also nice to see that they'll have not just Jeff and Joannie, but the Shibs on the Japan SOI tour; a little piece of familiar. (Will VM make their ShibSibs flim debut?)

Last edited by Meyers; 02-27-2014 at 12:58 AM