View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 02:09 PM
Nari
New Fan

Hi everyone, I'm new. Pleased to meet you all.

Loving the new series so far - I feel it has stepped up a notch on the drama, which is great.

After watching this episode, I'm so mad at Rae. To be fair, I was after ep 2 as well. Instead of breaking up with Finn she could have talked to him about it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas forever (View Post)
if rae wanted to shed some honesty somewhere, why not start with finn?
- I agree.

I also think there is more to Finn's character than we know yet. Somebody said in another thread about Finn being a bit too perfect and too nice - well I think he has got more flaws and issues we just don't know about yet.

I'd like to see more of Finn's character development, as many people have pointed out, there was a serious lack of Finn in this ep.

Rae and Archie's relationship is really suffering now. I don't know if they can come back from this.
I get why she said what she said at the end, but I still don't think it was fair of her to out him like that.
But that's what makes the show so real - people do stupid things when they are angry.

But what is so frustrating about this, I think, is that it is so not who Rae is; Rae is a caring, supportive and honest friend. She shows this side of herself when she offers advice to Lois.
By outing him in such a harsh way, she has ruined the integrity of their relationship.

This episode was good, because it got into the main issue of 'who is Rae?' She is working out her identity, and for a lot of this episode, she isn't acting herself.
I love the moment in the restaurant when Stacey has just said those horrible things about her 'friend' - you see Rae floating back into herself. Then she goes '**** it.'
And I was like - she's back.

I'm really starting to like Liam - theirs is becoming an important relationship, much like her relationship with Tix was, because they both know they have stuff. And that's okay.

Anyway, those are some of my thoughts.

Nari
X