View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 05:46 PM
Lostcandy
Elite Fan

I rewatched "Manhunt". There is a lot of foreshadowing in this episode.

The episode starts with Barbie saying that Julia is not cautious and that she runs to the fire. In the finale, she did the opposite.

Then, Big Jim says there will be no frontier justice, and in the finale, he is the ring leader for frontier justice.

Barbie tells Big Jim that being on his team can be hazardous to his health. When in fact, it's not being on Big Jim's team that does him in.

I also thought it was interesting that Big Jim thought Barbie wouldn't care about killing the deputy. Barbie was taken aback by this, and so am I. They just met, and Big Jim is making some big assumptions.

In this episode, Linda tells Big Jim that he doesn't control her, and we all know he makes a liar out of her. I think Linda didn't really face the fact that she killed someone. Maybe if she actually dealt with killing her friend, she wouldn't have lost all her senses. I guess I'm trying to say that maybe her grief from loosing Rusty, Duke, Phil and Freddy is clouding her judgement.

Random Thoughts
It would be interesting to see Barbie go through nicotine withdrawal.

I think they should've kept the crazy creepy Junior. I love how they use the milk to show how Big Jim still sees him as a baby instead of a young troubled adult.

I like how they used the matches to give us a little background on Julia. She remembers what she writes and applies what she learns. I hope that comes up again. Maybe her research from writing stories can help the town move forward.

I hate that they had Carter threaten Joe, because there was no follow through. Carter didn't have any heat behind that threat.

I just realized that Alice and Dodee weren't in this episode. Phil was barely in it.

Also, in the last scene, I would've sneaked a peek into the bathroom not Barbie's bag