View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 11:17 AM
Si_Crazy
Moderator Manager

Watched the episode, and it was a really good one.

Davina wins the prize for this episode because Danielle was really good! It was touching that in the end she went to the Harvest willingly, that way even though the whole killing a child is bad, it was that appalling. Really not worried about her not coming back, because c'mon she was the one new character that got great acceptance and it would be a huge mistake to just kill her now.

I was really happy that it was finally proved that Marcel really cared about her. I always felt that he really wanted to protect her and the whole using her powers to be king of the city was just a plus. He tried to protect her as best as he could, and even she said so in the end.

His breakdown after she didn't resurrect along with Klaus coming to comfort him was heartbreaking. Finally a genuine scene between them that actually shown that Klaus considers him sort of like a son.

Speaking of Klaus, he was sort of in the backseat in this episode, but he still had his moments and great lines.

I also like Rebekah in the episode, two good ones in a roll for her, that's interesting. Hope they keep it up. She didn't just ally with her brothers, she actually thought for once, trying to recruit Sophie to her side, and also being the one to point out that using Esther's power could be even worse of a threat to them.... all good until that point, when just a line of Elijah of ridiculous "this is about family" makes her jump on board with them. But overall, she did good. I'm really looking forward to day she'll set her plans in motion.

Elijah is bipolar... he is all I will not let people hurt a girl in one moment, and the next he is all let's be part of the harvest. The same apply to his feelings apparently, since he was all hurt and betrayed by Hayley's action, just to hear her speech saying who cares about a promise you made 200 years ago, and it's like "oh yeah, it's a long time, all's forgiven, let's kiss"

Hayley.... well as per usual, no consequences for character's in this show, I mean, she betrayed Elijah and in the end turned the whole thing around accusing him of choosing the dead over the alive... Okay then.
And just for the record, enough with the whole UST between the two.... the whole scene would've been way better if she just left and he stayed there looking at her thinking through what she said.

I felt so sorry for Sophie when the ritual didn't work... her begging and crying was sad, like the point where she realized that all she did was for nothing. But I still don't know if she has Esther's powers or not, but if she doesn't what exactly is her point in the show from now on? She is not an expert in magic since she didn't believe in it until the Harvest thing, she is an average witch, that nobody really cares about, she also has no goal.... She just went from useless to useless and pointless

Even Sabine is more important than her in the end of the day.... Now that was a twist. Turns out she is not really Sabine... I wonder what plans Celeste have in mind. As I'm also curious to see what problems the other witches will bring.

Always a pleasure to see Father Kieran, even if it's brief.

And I really wanted Josh to have appeared to at least try to protect or be there for Davina.

Last edited by Si_Crazy; 01-22-2014 at 11:30 AM